Bizmates is an online business communication school for Japanese professionals. It aims to develop the students’s communication skills in business English. Unlike other ESL online schools in the Philippines, Bizmates clients are adult professionals. Their starting rate for English trainers are much higher because they want to hire the best people in the Philippines since we will be dealing with Japanese professionals with higher position in their company.
So how to apply and be a Bizmates English trainer?
Check out the steps below:
Go to the Bizmates website and click the “Apply Now” button.
You may also want to check their qualifications before sending your application for the position.
1. Application is basically filling out your personal details by clicking on the “Apply Now” button. You will then receive a confirmation within 24-72 hours.
2. There will be a written English Test where you don’t really need to dig in too much. As long as you can show thru your answers that you have great foundation in the English Language, then you’re good to go.
3. You will then book for a video interview thru skype. That will be a normal “Introduce Yourself” activity. I suggest you outline your self introduction by giving your name, what do you want to be called, share your work experiences briefly and your educational background. You may be ask to tell them why you would like to be hired for the position. You also need to be prepared for a class demo.
Tip: For female applicants, please wear a polo with collar and put your blazer on. Be confident but be honest in all your answers. Be on time and be on your highest professional attitude.
4. Once you passed the interview, you will then book for your Mentoring schedule or Training. This will be a 2 – hr mentoring that will help you in preparing for a class. They will guide you on the step by step process on how to be an efficient trainer and how you can add value to the student.
5. After the Mentoring, you will book for your Final Demo. On this stage, you should be well prepared. All the constructive feedback from your Initial Demo and Mentoring should be applied on your Final Demo. Make sure that your work environment is really quiet, you have a working webcam with a white background, you are in your business attire and you are really prepared for your class. This will take a maximum of 1 hour and you will be informed if you pass the application process.
6. This comes the fruit of your labor – Teaching. But even if you passed the application process, it is mandated that you should also comply with all their requirements so they can give you a Teaching Clearance. The requirements are as follows:
- TOR or School Registration or True Copy of Grades or Class Cards
- National ID
- Tax Identification Number
- Front and back sides of BPI ATM
- BIR Certificate of Registration (CoR)
- BIR Official Receipt
I will post a separate blog on how to obtain the BIR Certificate of Registration and Official Receipt.
Once you have submitted all the requirements, then you are now ready to build your career.
I hope this will help you in preparing yourself if you are considering to work from home. Especially those who are so fed up of the heavy traffic in Metro Manila, like me. Those who are so tired to get out of bed during rainy season. Who wouldn’t want to earn money while having a flexible schedule in the comfort of their homes, right?
Watch out for my blog post about my first week as a trainer in Bizmates.
My Bizmates Timeline
May 28, 2018 = Application sent
May 28, 2018 = Application Confirmation email received.
June 1, 2018 = Interview.
June 12, 2018 = Mentoring
June 26, 2018 = Final Demo
June 29, 2018 = Bizmates Group Orientation
July 9, 2018 = First Teaching Day at Bizmates
There’s at aleast a 10-day gap in between, from my Interview to the Final Demo. I was anticipating and I claimed that I will pass the application process haha! So while I’m in the process, I was also working on my BIR because I knew from the start that this is their major requirement to get a Teaching Clearance. I had to change my BIR Registered address, my marital status, request for COR and OR. So I booked for each activity with at least 10 days gap to give way for my BIR updates.